4 day hiking tour through national and nature parks in Serbia
Type of activity: Hiking
Difficulty: Hard (7 - 8 hours a day)
Duration: 4 days/3 nights
Additional activities: Gastronomy & degustations
- Experience one of the most remarkable places for their flora and fauna in Serbia
- Enjoy 4-day hiking tour through the Djerdap National Park and Nature Park of Balkan mountains in untouched wilderness of Eastern Serbia
- Walk along the flow of the Danube River in the most breathtaking part of the river’s entire course.
- Gaze upon the Iron Gates gorge – an unique natural phenomenon.
- Experience beautiful and unforgettable scenery of the Balkan mountains
- Explore untouched wilderness of the Stara planina (Balkan) Nature park – the area is rich in mountain lakes, waterfalls, edges of sheer cliffs and many more, offer amazing viewpoints.
- Discover biodiversity of flora and fauna in one of Serbia’s most remarkable wildlife habitats.
This hiking tour is designed to introduce our visitors to natural beauties of Eastern Serbia. Amazing viewpoints from the cliffs of Djerdap gorge combined with untouched nature and diverse flora and fauna are guaranteed to take your breath away. Eco-friendly environment contains vivid landscapes of untouched wilderness. The area is rich in waterfalls, mountain lakes, edges of sheer cliffs, and many more unforgettable places that will enable you to enjoy the magnificence of eastern Serbia.
Djerdap National Park is located in the Eastern Serbia, on the right bank of the Danube river and along the border with Romania. The National Park is named after the most beautiful gorge that the Danube River has to offer – The Djerdap gorge. Our visitors will be able to experience untouched nature and beautiful landscapes of the Balkan Nature park.
The area is rich in wildlife but also contains many cultural and historical heritage sites. Untouched nature in this area surrounds many unforgettable places and landscapes that will stay engraved in your mind even long after your journey is over with. The experiences that you gain from our tour will make you richer, and will stick with you for eternity, and the positive feeling that you hold on to after your trip is what keeps our visitors coming back. You will also be able to visit the Iron Gates Gorge, the unique natural phenomenon.
We pick our visitors at the Nis Airport upon arrival. Depending on the time of your arrival, we schedule the part of the day for visiting numerous historical monuments in the city of Nis and its surroundings Once we’ve completed sightseeing, we get on our way to the where arrival is scheduled for evening hours. After accommodation, the dinner will be served featuring national dishes and optional fish specialties. The rest of the evening is at your disposal and you can plan it as you wish. We suggest you get a good night sleep since we have lots of activities planned out for the following day.
After the breakfast, we are set to leave the accommodation until 9:00h. Along the Danube River we will be passing by several very important and preserved forest habitats. The plan is to arrive at the starting point of our hiking trail at 9:30h. At the very beginning we start ascend uphill towards one of most recognizable viewpoints along the whole Danube River flow – location named “Ploce”. There you will enjoy the breathtaking view and local fruit refreshments. After a short break, we continue our hike to another renowned viewpoint – “Veliki Strbac”. This is a location from which some of the most amazing photos of the Danube River surrounded by Carpathian Mountains were taken. After we’ve satisfied our soul with these stunning landscapes we return to Ploce where lunch is waiting for us. Here you get a chance to rest and enjoy the landscape until the end of the hike, which is set for 16:30h. At this point we will hop on vehicle and travel to Nature Park Stara planina (Balkan mountains).
Dinner with local specialties will be waiting as we reach our accommodation in the mountain hostel at Stara planina. There we organize local wine and cheese tasting for our hikers. We will be accommodated in double rooms for the overnight.
Start of third day is similar to the previous one, we plan to finish breakfast and start the hike by 9:00h. On this day we will start ascend towards the highest peak of the Balkan Mountains in Sebia – Midzor (2167m). Along our path, we may encounter herds of semi-wild horses, and if you get lucky you may even have the chance to cuddle some of them. Eco-friendly environment offers breathtaking views and landscapes. We are scheduled to arrive at Midzor peak at around 12:30h. Along our way small snack refreshments will be available, and we will have lunch at 15:00h at location Babin Zub after a hike back. When we are well fed, we can organize a self-guided 2-hour hike to the top of Babin Zub (1.758m), or use this time for recreational activities, entertainment in accommodation or visit viewpoints around the restaurant.
The last day of your journey starts with another delicious breakfast, and scheduled drive to Nis Airport one hour before your plane departs. In case that the plain takes off in the afternoon/evening hours, we have already organized additional 2-hour guided hiking tour through forests in the Balkan Mountains following with refreshments and lunch.
- Airport pick-up and drop-off
- Vehicle transfer to all locations the tour follows
- All meals: Day 1 – dinner (lunch is optionall included if you arrive in the morning hours- lunch); Day 2 – breakfast, lunch, dinner, fruit snacks; Day 3 – day two – breakfast, lunch, dinner, fruit snacks; Day 4 – breakfast (lunch is optionally included if your plane departs in the late afternoon/evening hours)
- Degustation of local wines and chesse on Day 2
- Hiking guide (English language)
- All entrance fees and national park permits
- Plane tickets to/from Nis Airport
- Personal travel insurance
- Self spending
Note about price:
After receiving a request from you (request form below), we will contact you back with calculated price based on your inputs for this specific tour. For more detalied tour request we encourage you to use our SELF TAILORED HIKING TOUR REQUEST FORM.